Tuesday 3 May 2011

Day 4

In the morning we just sat around relaxing, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to capture the house that i'm staying in as well as my friends two dogs. They have a black one called "Chippy" and a white and grey one called "Roxy". They are part of the family so I decided to capture them too.

Roxy my friends little dog


Chippy my friends mom's little dog


Close up of Roxy


Close up of Chippy with her long fringe


Chippy her new spiky fringe, or as they are called in America, her 'bangs'.


For lunch we went for Ice cream. They scoop out your ice cream and mix what ever extras, like nuts, different candy/sweets, fruit, sauces etc that you wish, for example I had the Apple Cinnamon pie, so they scooped out some Vanilla ice cream put it on an ice cold slab, added apples with apple sauce, broken biscuit and Cinnamon then mixed it all together. The owner of the shop saw my camera and ask about me, he then said get a picture of this and threw a scoop of ice cream up in the air and caught in a container.

The owner of the shop throwing the ice cream



The owner of the shop catching the ice cream (he was so fast! The moving image above his hat is the ice cream)


Later that day we went having a look around the shops again. We went to KMart, TJMax and the Dollar Store. In the evening we went to Oxford Village where my friend drove me around the local areas so that I could capture the typical American looking houses. The Americans are so patriotic, most of them having American flags hanging outside their houses.

A typical American house, with a big porch and the rocking chair and the American flag hanging outside.


Another typical American house


Another typical American house including the fire hydrant on the corner


Typical American house and car.


House with a porch and American Flag


As we were having a drive around the houses we came across a little league baseball match, so I had to get a closer look and get some images. I couldn't get to close because it was surrounded by parents and fences.

Little league baseball


Pitcher


Waiting to strike the other team out



Practise throwing and catching


We then went for some dinner at a sports bar. The sports bar was across from a little cinema and a cow boy, country shop that I had to capture

The cowboy shop, where everything is cowboy products for example toy pistols, horses, cowboy hats and boots, horse tackle etc.


The old small cinema in Oxford Village

No comments:

Post a Comment