Sunday 1 May 2011

Day 1

Today, April 30th, I arrived in Detroit at 19:50 and met up with my friends who I will be staying with. We collected my luggage and went straight to the the car. On our way to the house, which is in Rochester Hills, approximately a hour north of the airport, my uncle Mike explained some of the sights and landmarks that were visible from the highway, mentioning how the buildings have been deserted and derelict. On the side of the highway is a big tyre to symbolize the "Ford" industry in Detroit. Detroit is a motor capital, even referred to as the 'Motor City', in fact, Michigan is distinguished from other states for their leadership in mechanical engineering.
















































We went for some dinner at a pub and grill in Downtown Rochester called "O'Connors", before arriving at their house, unpacking my luggage and getting a good nights sleep, ready for the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment