Wednesday 11 May 2011

Day 12

We went to vets to drop off my friends dog "Roxy" then went to "Big Boys" for some lunch. At "Big Boys" they sell burgers, sandwiches, toasties, milkshakes etc.

Big Boy


After that we picked up Roxy and headed home to prepare for church. I must admit I am not a very religious but if church was like the church in UK I would attend more often. They preach from the bible but make it relevant to life, they admit that they have been through hard times in life such as drugs and alcoholism. I was sat having a smoothy before service and I noticed how they one gentleman was reading his bible whilst drinking coffee and having a laugh it was something Ive not seen in the UK.

The gentleman reading his bible whilst drinking coffee


Unfotunately whilst we were in church an elderly man fainted during the service so when we got out of the building there were cop cars outside in aid of the person. I hadnt seen a police car so I captured it

Police car from behind


Police car from the side


For tea we went "Texas Roadhouse" they serve steaks and ribs etc. They give you free basket of bread with instead of butter they come with a cinnamon spread and they give you peanuts and on busy nights you would break the shell off the peanuts and chuck it on the floor then they would sweep it up after.

Peanuts


Outside the Roadhouse they had chalk messages outside. At first I thought it was some teenagers who had drawn on the floor but when you look closer it is advertising for the roadhouse

No comments:

Post a Comment