Sunday 1 May 2011

Day 2

Today we went to the German Market/Villiage called Frankenmuth. We went for something to eat at the local diner. On the way to the village we stopped at the mall and had a shop around. I visited several stores including the "Harley Davidson" shop. The smell of the main street in the village was so sweet because they make salt water taffy (a chewy sweet) and fudge. We went into a cheese shop were they made cheese that had a chocolate flavour to it and strawbery flavoured cheese spread. We wandered further down the street looking at more shops. I tried taffy and I love it! We went for something to eat at a German restaurant were the staff were dressed up like old time Germany people.

Yvonne, the lady from the diner. The waitresses in the diner walk around filling up your coffee cup. I asked her if I could have a picture of her with her pots and she said; "you want a picture of my jugs?" I was in stitches!



The Diner in Oxford, about 20 minutes north of our house, where had breakfast


A picture of the "Harley Davidson" on the side of a bike.


The lovely staff from the German restaurant.


The guy who was walking about playing music.




No comments:

Post a Comment